Thursday, March 18, 2010

Zoom In Grad Hangs Pixs At Barber Shop - Spreads the Word

I dropped by the "Barber Shop" in Charleston Center today. Thought I'd have my coiffure checked by the new proprietor there Peggy Forcellini. I sat in the vintage swivel barber chair replete with ashtrays, circa 1950, feeling like a million bucks. But then who'd I see but Zoom In Beta Tester Doug Kreitz hanging pictures! Doug's background is in still photography, but his passion is expanding into video production as well. Hence his membership in the Zoom In Video Production Collaborative. Anyway, turns out Peggy is offering up the front part of her shop to local artists to display their work. And Doug happened to tell her about Zoom In and she is signing up for the May session! It's all good in the hood. Doug is spreading the word. He's got some gorgeous stuff on display, taken at last year's SF Carnaval. Drop by Peggy's, have your coiffure reviewed and see Doug's work. Peggy's Barber Shop is in the little strip mall between Piazza's and Cubberley. Unfortunately, I spent too much time socializing and was unable to have my hair adjusted, so sadly I look about the same.

1 comment:

Upcoming Events